Next 1 day course: Bristol Monday 22 February 2021
Who would enjoy this course? Is this course for me?
Massage offers a powerful tool to support women and babies through the maternity journey. This day offers an understanding the benefits of massage, as well as the areas in which you need to exercise caution. You will come away feeling more confident and excited about working with pregnant women.
Is this day for me?
Do you feel unsure or daunted by working in pregnancy and you would like to develop a better understanding of working with pregnant women, then this day is perfect for you.
If you work frequently with pregnancy women but would like new techniques and gain a better understanding of the postural changes. Review contra-indications and learn energy techniques that connect the Mother and Baby then this day will be prefect for you too.
- To give you the skills, knowledge and understanding to work throughout the trimesters of pregnancy with confidence to fully meet your pregnant clients need
- Understanding of contra-indications to working in pregnancy and how to adapt your treatment and when to refer your client
- We will not go into in-depth fertility or postnatal physiology but you will be given the information for you to be able to apply the practical techniques to your clients who are trying to conceive or are in the postnatal period.
- For students to learn through a ‘hands on’ approach with the theory applied wherever possible through practice so that you confident using the techniques and adapting them to your individual clients.
- To be approachable and supportive, to work with you as individuals.
Prerequisite qualification: Level 3 or above massage qualification.
On this course you will learn how to position clients on the massage table and incorporating alternatives. Working with postural changes postural in pregnancy.
Learn to work through the trimesters and general physical symptoms in pregnancy and how to adapt your treatments to meet your clients’ needs.
The day will include:
- Contra-indications and working safely
- Specific techniques, including integrating energy and muscle work.
- Gaining an understanding of the postural changes in pregnancy and how to work with them.
- Exploration of different positions for working in pregnancy including side position.
- Relevant anatomy and physiology
- Learning about the potential of massage in pregnancy
- An extensive manual
- Power point Hand-outs
- Practical hand-outs.
This can be a stand alone workshop for those who work with pregnant clients. It is also a good introduction for those considering specialising in pregnancy work and doing a longer diploma course with wellmother.org.
This course is being held in Bristol, at and in conjunction with Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork.
Dates & Times
Bristol 22 Feb 2021
10am – 5.30pm
Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork
Lower Ground Floor
109 Pembroke Road
This workshop is run in conjunction with and at the Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork.